Success is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration. – Thomas Edison
2. There are No ‘1,2,3 steps’ to success. Every story of success that you may have heard is unique. Here are 5 famous companies that started out in a garage – Apple, Amazon, Disney, Google and Hewlett Packard. They all built different things and did different businesses and achieved different levels of success. They all made different futures for themselves in different ways. The only thing in common was their grit and persistence.
The path to success is different for everyone. Don’t look for your success in others, make your own.
3. Success is not a constant. There are many failures on the path to success. It will throw you to the ground more often than it will let you stand. It tests you continually. It is not about how long you can stand; it’s about getting up every time you’re knocked down.
World-renowned inventor, Thomas Edison, applied for 1093 patents in the US. He is famously known for inventing the light bulb, which he actually didn’t invent. However, he did invent the entire electric utility system, the phonograph, the electrographic vote recorder and the motion picture. If he hadn’t made 1093 different efforts, he wouldn’t have achieved all that he did.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
4. Moving forward is success. Every minute of your life has the potential to make you better than you are in every way. It is your decision to stand still in the moment or take a step forward. Stagnation will never bring you success. But any and every action you make has the ability to propel you towards it.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. – Theodore Roosevelt
5. Success is pursuing your dreams. When you take the first step in the direction of your dream you're already a success story. Everyone may not attain their dream and yet, they are all successful. Because every step up towards your dream is a step of success. Wherever you've reached is higher that wherever you were. Kudos to yourself and from this gain confidence to go on towards your dream.
Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed. – Corita Kent
6. Success is relative. Don't bench mark your success against another's success; you'll never be satisfied. There's always someone that has got more than you. But that doesn't say they're successful, because they're possibly looking at people that have more than them. Decide what you want for yourself, and achieving that is your success.
A successful life is one that is lived through understanding and pursuing one’s own path, not chasing after the dreams of others. – Chin-Ning Chu
7. Don't quantify success. Many equate success to financial growth. Money is only a facilitator for material sustenance. How much of it you need is for you to decide. But where along that path you feel happiest about your achievements is your point of success. Success is the moment of satisfaction and peace within one’s self.
Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get – W.P.Kinsella
But remember, success is also a moving target. Just when you think you’re happy with what you’ve achieved your sights are trained on another goal. This is not greed. It’s just you reminding yourself that you haven’t finished living, and you can’t stagnate. Just go on doing what makes you happy, and do it to the best of your ability.
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.- Albert Schweitzer
So, find your happy spot.
Please share this post: